So… you want to get a cross country ski set up - here are a few things to know and consider before coming into Finn Sisu!
- Know whether you would like to skate or classic ski
- If classic skiing, are you interested in kick waxing or would you prefer a kick-waxless option?
- If you already have boots, are they NNN/ Prolink or are they the older SNS system?
- For an entry ski package, skate or classic, expect to spend approximately $400-$600 if you are getting all pieces of equipment
- Getting you properly fit for all the equipment could take up to an hour, so make sure you allow plenty of time for yourself
- If trying on boots, wear a pair of your ski socks, or bring them with. If you are new and are not sure which socks you may be using, try a medium weight or a wool sock
- We will mount the bindings on your new skis and cut your new poles down (if needed) while you wait in store (takes approximately 15 minutes), so expect to bring your new equipment home that day and get right out on snow (unless you leave them with us to be waxed)
And as always, we can answer any questions you may have, and make sure that you understand the ins and outs of your equipment before hitting the trail!
— The Finn Sisu Staff